Rules & Regulations
the Patty Aragon Green Chile Classic
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
Drop off 10am-10:30am
Judging at 11:00am
Public Tasting begins at 12:30
PLEASE READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY
- Entrants must provide a minimum of 4 quarts of green chile. One crockpot per entrant
Green chile with meat is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with green chile peppers, various spices and other ingredients.
- Meatless green chile is defined as a combination of green chile peppers, spices and any non-meat ingredients (such as pasta, beans, tofu, etc.). If a broth base is used it must be vegetarian!
- Entry must come with a complete ingredient list. We don’t need the recipe – just the ingredients.
Space for ingredient list located on the back of this form.
NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT CLEAR LIST OF INGREDIENTS!
- Chile must be prepared ahead of time and arrive at serving temperature on site between 10:00 and 10:30 Saturday Sept, 28. It must be brought in a crock pot. NO CHAFING DISHES allowed.
- We provide ladles. NO SIDES OR EXTRAS – ALL INGREDIENTS MUST BE IN THE POT. CROCK MUST BE LABELED ON THE BOTTOM TO MAINTAIN ANONYMITY.
- Chile may be disqualified at the discretion of PAGCC if it does not meet quality standards.
- Cooks are to prepare and cook their chile in as sanitary a manner as possible.
- Judges will select the home cook winner for meat and veggie. Prizes and trophies will be awarded as follows:
- First Place Meat – $200 plus trophy; First Place Vegetarian – $200 plus trophy
- Second & Third Place = Medals & Bragging Rights
- Best Commercial Entry selected by judges. First place meat or veggie lands a full-page ad in the Pagosa Springs Dining Guide, a $750 value.
- The public will vote for the recipient of the overall “People’s Choice” award (home cook and commercial entries).
Winner of People’s Choice – $200 plus trophy. Second & Third Place = Medals
- Entrants must pick up their chile containers between 3:00 and 3:30 PM.PAGCC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CROCKPOTS THAT ARE NOT PICKED UP!!
- Commercial entrants must be an existing dining guide advertiser to enter